COVID-19 ORANGE COUNTY HEALTH SERVICES DEPARTMENT TURNKEY TEST SITE
Orange County Health Service Department | Barnett Park
TYPE OF PROJECT
Community Based Test Site | Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Turnkey Test Site Services
- Test Site Staffing
- Test Site Infrastructure
- Testing Supplies
- Lab Services
- Test Site Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Patient Notification
- Patient Portal
- Logistics Support
- State Reporting
- CLIA Field Extension
The State of Florida was severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, with several counties experiencing some of the highest cases in the nation. With the spread of COVID-19, Orange County Health Services Department (“OCHSD”) opened a COVID-19 county-run test site, Barnett Park.
CDR Maguire, Inc. provided COVID-19 PCR viral test kits, antigen testing, and test site logistics and management services. Currently, CDR assists with the operations of over 20 test sites and 30 pop-up sites for the State, providing test kits, lab services, patient notifications, supplies, patient portal, CLIA field extension, on-site personnel training, staff, and management.
- Provided turnkey test site services, including site infrastructure, staffing, CLIA field extension and electronic patient registration and resulting.
- Through a more efficient site set up, CDR increased the test sites throughput and increased site testing volume.
- Provide patient notification for results via email, text message and call back.
- Created an online patient portal to electronically register patients via scanned ID or QR code and for patients to view, download and print their test results online.
- Provide an IT infrastructure including hardware and support.
- Contracted with a call center that contacts an average of 20,000 patients a day.
- Provide just-in-time supply chain management including shipping supplies and collateral materials.
- Provide instructions and guidelines to be disseminated to patients regarding how to access their results.
- Provide a CLIA field extension and related personnel training.
- Provide CLIA standard operating procedures and quality control procedures.
- Daily reporting of patient results to the State Department of Health, including the provision of numerous reports to local departments of health.
- Interagency and contractor coordination and communication between state term contractors, the Florida Division of Emergency Management, and the Department of Health.