COVID-19 STATE OF FLORIDA DATA MANAGEMENT SERVICES
Abbott BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
State of Florida
TYPE OF PROJECT
Data Management for the BinaxNOW COVID-19 Rapid Antigen Testing
- Data Management
- Data Reporting
- Electronic Patient Registration with ID scanning features and QR Codes
- Patient Portal with Electronic Reporting
- IT Infrastructure with WIFI Devices and Handhelds
- State Reporting
- CLIA Field Extension
- Patient Materials
- Ancillary Support Services
The State of Florida was severely impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, with several counties experiencing some of the highest cases in the nation. With concerns regarding the spread of COVID-19, the State opened numerous state-run test sites in response.
CDR Maguire, Inc. provided COVID-19 PCR viral test kits, antigen testing, and test site logistics and management services. Currently, CDR assists with the operations of over 20 test sites and 30 pop-up sites for the State, providing test kits, lab services, patient notifications, supplies, patient portal, CLIA field extension, on-site personnel training, staff, and management.
CDR Maguire, Inc. was contracted by the State of Florida to oversee the data management needs of FDEM with regards to the Abbott BinaxNOW antigen testing, including electronic patient registration, result management, and HL7 data reporting into DOH systems all under CDR Maguire’s CLIA Waived Field License.
- Processed over 25,000 Abbott BinaxNOW antigen tests within the first month of antigen testing implementation.
- Provide electronic patient registration using handheld devices with ID scanners and QR codes.
- Provide patient notification for results via email, text message and call back services.
- Created an online patient portal for patients to view, download and print their results.
- Provide an HL7 interface that can be integrated into any lab system.
- Provide IT infrastructure including hardware and support and secure WIFI.
- Contracted with a call center with an ability to contact 20,000 patients a day.
- Provide instructions and guidelines to be disseminated to patients regarding how to access their results.
- Provide a CLIA field extension and related personnel training.
- Provide CLIA standard operating procedures and quality control procedures.
- Daily reporting of patient results to the State Department of Health, including the provision of numerous reports to local departments of health.
- Interagency and contractor coordination and communication between state term contractors, the Florida Division of Emergency Management, and the Department of Health.