DEBRIS MANAGEMENTWhat do I need to know?
Successful debris management requires detail-oriented strategies. Debris removal, management, and monitoring are the most expensive post-disaster efforts. It’s critical for communities to follow a well-documented process from the point of pickup through final disposal. By having the appropriate documentation and processes outlined, communities can increase the speed of reimbursement.
TIPS FOR SPEEDY REIMBURSEMENT:
- Have a FEMA approved Debris Management Plan.
- Train for debris contract administration: Include them in your annual exercise(s).
- Consider a debris strategy that includes expedited invoicing.
- Ensure Debris Hauler’s have pre-event contracts that include removal and monitors.
- Have maps that clearly delineate ownership/maintenance of roadways and waterways.