DISASTER RECOVERYWhat are the best practices?
“The optimal framework for response and recovery is federally supported, state managed and locally executed.” Brock Long said this, and CDR Maguire lives by it. In fact, this experience is key to successful disaster recovery.
TIPS FOR DISASTER RECOVERY:
- Up-to-date, accurate, and complete Damage Inventory is crucial to the speed of your recovery.
- Modify ICS 214 forms from an attendance form into a reimbursement tool.
- Ensure Federal Procurement Compliance (2 CFR 200) for all disaster related contracts.
- Track and document all expenses. State and Federal reimbursement requirements may differ.
- Have essential pre-disaster plans in place.