SURFSIDE RESPONSE AND RECOVERY
Surfside – Champlain Towers south collapse response & recovery
Florida Division of Emergency Management (FDEM)
TYPE OF PROJECT
Emergency Response Services
- Call Center
- Missing Persons Registration
- Mental Health Resource Website
- Unmet Needs Website
- Missing Items Registration
- Resource Maps Coded to GIS
- Information packets for families
- Ancillary Support Services
The community of Surfside in Miami-Dade County was severely impacted by the collapse of the Champlain Towers South Condominium. In an effort to provide informational resources to the families and community members affected by the collapse, FDEM leadership partnered with CDR Maguire for emergency response support, communication coordination and community outreach.
CDR Maguire, Inc. immediately deployed their extensive technology platform and resources to develop communication media to assist with intake and case management of affected residents, families, and friends. This included a missing persons registration website, a call center to assist with inquiries related to the collapse, a mental health resource website, and a website to help match donors with survivors with unmet needs. All communication tools and website were developed and published in less than 12 hours.
- Call center to provide central contact resources for families and the community – stood up in five (5) hours.
- Missing persons registration website stood up in five (5) hours.
- Mental health resource website for the community, families, and first responders stood up in 12 hours.
- Unmet Needs website to match donors with survivors and family members.
- Missing items registration page to assist Miami-Dade Police Department to return missing personal items to families.
- Preparation of resource maps coded to GIS, highlighting site layout and locations of critical support services.
- Predation of informational packets for families.
- project estimations to strategically formulate small and large projects.
- Statewide Operations with 3 Command Centers
- Multi-Agency Environmental Permitting
- Contract Compliance Review